Somaliland:Turkish Envoy with the Heads of Political Organizations
By Goth Mohamed Goth
The heads of the three national political organizations met for the first time with the new Turkish Envoy Somaliland/Somalia talks H.E Ahmet Rize Demeirer in Hargeisa.
According to a press statement released on Friday by the ruling party “KULMIYE” head office stated as follows:-
On Friday afternoon (27th of November, 2015), at the Turkey consulate in Hargeisa , the two chairpersons of the two national political organizations met with the Ambassador Ahmet Rize Demirer , Turkish envoy tasked with overseeing the Somaliland /Somalia talks.
During the meeting the two chairpersons notably Hon Muse Bihi Abdi “KULMIYE” and Hon Abdurrahman Mohamed Abdullah Cirro “WADDANI” flanked by Ms. Fadumo Said and Ambassador Ahmet Rize Demirer , Turkish envoy tasked with overseeing the Somaliland /Somalia talks flanked by Mr. Muzaffer Yükseliyo the Turkish Consular General in Hargeisa discussed wide ranging issues among them the strengthening of two nations longtime friendship , politics , economics and issues pertaining to the stalled Somaliland/Somalia talks .
The two chairpersons during the meeting with Turkish envoy pointed out the on the following points:-
- Any future talks between Somaliland and Somalia should produce tangible and bidding results.
- The government of Turkey must play neural role in any future talks between Somaliland/Somalia.
- The Turkish should allocates more aid the federal Government of Somalia.
Issues Regarding the Somaliland/Somalia
- Mediation talks between Somaliland and Somalia
- Any agreement reached during the talks must be honored and implemented by the federal government of Somalia anything short of that will be contravene the spirits of the talks being overseen by the Turkish government.
- The heads of the two official political organizations during the meeting with the new Turkish Envoy Somaliland/Somalia talks H.E Ahmet Rize Demeirer reiterated that the final outcome of the talks should be the independence of republic of Somaliland and nothing less.
On the other hand the new Turkish Envoy Somaliland/Somalia talks H.E Ahmet Rize Demeirer thanked the two chairpersons for attending the meeting and for the cooperation and at the same time pledged to:-
- The Turkish Government will play a neural role in any future Somaliland/Somalia talks.
- The Turkish Government plans to expand the operations of the Turkish consulate in Hargeisa so as to address fully the needs of Somaliland through bilateral relations.
- To bolster the continued good relations between the two countries.