Turmeric is a yellow-pigmented root stalk, a curry spice from a tropical plant that is part of the ginger family. In our Somali tradition we mostly see it been used in a beauty regimen and not so prominent in food however in Pakistan, India, Persia and Thailand it is often used as an ingredient in most dishes.
The component Curcumin in Turmeric (Huruud) has medicinal healing properties, it has powerful anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, immune boosting properties.
Benefits of Turmeric:
– Immunity Booster
– Kills Cancer cells
– Prevents Cancer
– Prevents Alzheimer’s Disease
– Enhances memory and brain function
– Improves the flow of oxygen
– Improves blood circulation
– Detoxifies the body
– Promotes digestive health
– Cleanses and prevents Liver Disease
– Controls Diabetes
– Relieves Arthritis
Tips for using Turmeric:
– Mix turmeric with black pepper which significantly increases your body’s absorption.
– Use Turmeric to disinfect cuts and burns.
– Drink Turmeric Tea, boil water and add one teaspoon of ground turmeric and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain, add honey to taste.
– Drink Golden Milk, you will need cows milk or camel milk, teaspoon of Turmeric, pinch of cinnamon and pinch of black pepper. Gently heat, but do not boil, 2 cups of milk with 1 teaspoon Turmeric, fully mix the turmeric into the milk, add the cinnamon and black pepper. Enjoy.
– Turmeric & castor oil for skin detox – This is a great way to release and pull out toxins – Mix Turmeric and castor oil, massage on breast and under am areas to bring fresh blood circulation, oxygen and detoxify the lymph nodes.
Improve your health and give your body the fighting power it needs with Turmeric, a very powerful herb with numerous health benefits.
Nadia Hassan Suleiman
Health Researcher &
Natural Health Advocate