The Atqnews.com has released the list of the African Travel 100 Women Awards as part of the Women in Tourism Program. Nominations for the award officially opened on the 12th of July for the world to nominate best female promoters of travel and tourism in Africa, the pioneers, the leaders and the stars.
The nominations ended on The 22nd of July. The women in tourism recognition will take place at the 13th AKWAABA African Travel Market at Eko Hotels and Suites, Victoria Island Lagos on the 11th of September 2017.
Among this years top contestants is Ms. Zainab Ansell has apart from developing tourism contributions in putting the Republic of Somaliland on the Global map as a leading tourist destination.
Zara charity play a vital role to enhance community economic development especially by supporting vulnerable groups in the community such as orphans, maasai women group, and poor people such as porters who climb mount Kilimanjaro and meru through various community project as follows:
The Somaliland Diaspora Agency SLDA strongly Somaliland citizens to support and vote for Zainab Ansell bid for African Travel 100 Women Awards due to her to her Sheer determination to succeed made Zainab Ansell to be the woman she is today, a successful businesswoman and she has an award to prove that. Earlier this year she received an award for Business Entrepreneur of the year for running a successful tour operating company, managing 950 employees.
The following are projects supported by Zara charity
- Mount Kilimanjaro porters society
- Ngorongoro marathon project
- Kilimanjaro orphanage centre
- Maasai women group
MOUNT KILIMANJARO PORTERS SOCIETY
Is the project aims at supporting porters who climbs mount Kilimanjaro and meru due to the fact that most the porters are low income earners and they have low or no education at all so the project aims at improving living and working condition of those porters especially by providing them education such as diseases education eg. MALARIA and HIV/AIDS, financial management education, mountain sickness education environmental conservation education, English classes etc so as to improve their life in general
NGORONGORO MARATHON POJECT
Is the project which involves children running with the aim of educating the community about malaria diseases so that the community becomes aware on the causes, symptoms, effects, prevention and cure of the disease so that the community become aware on how to protect themselves from malaria disease
KILIMANJARO ORPHANAGE CENTER
Is the project Supported by Zara charity which aims at supporting orphans within the local community so that they can obtain their basic needs such as food, shelter, clothes as well as
Education so as to improve living condition of those children in the center
MAASAI WOMEN GROUP
Is the project aims at supporting maasai women so as to liberate them from their traditional beliefs which is based on opression, exploitation and elimination of women within their society so we employ them, we educate them on their roles, rights and responsibilities as women from family level, community level as well as national level as we know that women play a vital role to enhance community economic development in any community
- To unite the world long term volunteers with various project supported by ZARA Charity NGO.
- To support special groups in the society such as orphans, women, and poor people by providing them basic needs such as food, shelter clothes and education
- Also the organization supports porters who climb the mountain
- Social needs
- Educational needs
- Environmental conservation and sustainability
- Employment creation
- To improve living and working condition for the porters who climb mount Kilimanjaro and meru.
- To ensure local community development and sustainability
- To support disadvantaged groups within the community such as women, orphans, and poor people by proving them basic needs such as food, Shelter education e.t.c.
- To link our projects with international donors
- To ensure environmental conservation and sustainability
- To enhance community economic development
- To improve women economic performance
- To improve living condition for special groups e.g. Women, orphans etc.