By Goth Mohamed Goth
H.E President Ahmed Mohamed Mahmoud” Silanyo” flanked by HE Vice President Abdurrahman Abdullah Isamel “Saylici” today at the Presidency meet with representatives of the federal government of Germany led by Mr. Christian Resch, Deputy Ambassador who is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Speaking to the media during a press conference moments after the meeting, the Minister of National Planning Dr. Sa’ad Ali Shire said that the representatives of the federal government of Germany were in the country to discuss and to conduct evaluation and assessments of all region of Somaliland so as to identify areas need Development most such as the health, water and other crucial sectors.
On his part Mr. Christian Resch, Deputy Ambassador to Kenya based at federal government German Embassy Nairobi said that they were visit the country to turn pledges into reality and during last year Brussels conference the Germany government pledged to donate €90Million Euros for all Somalis of which a proportion of 25% will go to the people of Somaliland and that the Germany government has being cooperating with Somaliland government over the last few months so as to identify priority areas of need and with me here today are representatives from the Federal Ministry of Economic Co-operation and Development , GIZ and Germany Development Bank and we believe work has to start now so as to achieve tangible development for the people of Somaliland.
The German official went on to say , “We have a lot to do during the coming two days and we are very keen to start on that and we are very excited to be here in Hargeisa being the first time for all of us and we look forward to visiting areas of which development is priority such as the area of Water.
The Germany delegation consisted of
1. Mr. Christian Resch, Deputy Ambassador to Kenya based in German Embassy Nairobi
2. Dr. Philipp Rock, East African Desk officer for German Federal Ministry for Co-operation and Development, Bonn.
3. Ms. Julia Kronberg, Deputy Head of Economic Development and Co-operation, German Embassy Nairobi
4. Mr. Hendrix Linneweber, GIZ Country Director Kenya, Nairobi
5. Dr. Christophe Schaefer, Senior Country Manager East Africa, German Development Bank KFW, Frankfurt am Main
6. Mr. Thomas Herzberg, German Development Bank KFW