By Goth Mohamed Goth
H.E President Ahmed Mohamed Mahmoud Silanyo has today issued a Presidential decree # JSL/M/XERM/249-3319/052015 in which he appoints a New Chief Justice of the High Court of the Republic of Somaliland.
In accordance with Article 90 of Somaliland Constitution
In accordance with Article 97 of Somaliland Constitution
- The state shall have a judiciary section who’s duty is to judge between the government and the people an between the people.
- The judiciary system shall operate according to the constitution and shall be free from other sections of the nation.
In accordance with Article 101 of Somaliland Constitution
The high court is the highest agency of he judiciary system and it’s at the same time the constitutional court. Judges number should not be less than the president and for judges and a law shall define it.
In accordance with Article 105 of Somaliland Constitution
Nomination of high court president high court judges
1- The president in consultation with the justice committee shall nominate the president of the high court and he high court judges, giving consideration to their standard o education, experience, professional and good behavior. The nomination of high court president shall be approved by the two councils (representative and senate) in a common session within 3 (three) months from the nomination.
2- It’s not permissible to nominate for the post of high court president a person who cannot comply with the following conditions.
- Must be Somaliland republic national.
- Must have a recognized university degree of law.
- Must have an experience of at least 10years and worked as a judge or/and attorney or/and lawyer or/and professor of law in a law university.
- Must not be involved in politics.
3- The president can dismiss the high court president needing the approval of council of representative’s council of senate.
The need to fill the vacant position of the Chief Justice of the High Court of the Republic of Somaliland.
After consulting with the national Judiciary commission.
After being Satisfied the new appointee has fully fits the required criteria for filling the vacant post of Chief Justice of the High Court of the Republic of Somaliland.
President Silanyo appoints Mr. Aden Haji Ali Ahmed as the New Chief Justice of the High Court of the Republic of Somaliland.