Somaliland:New Round of Airspace control Talks in commences in Ankara, Turkey
By Goth Mohamed Goth
New round of talks between the Republic of Somaliland and the federal Government of Somalia meant to resolve the highly contested Airspace control dispute opened on Thursday in Ankara, Turkey bring together for the first time representatives of the two nations, Turkish government officials and UN-ICAO.
During the meeting representatives of both countries, Turkish and UN-ICAO discussed the technical and outstanding issues regarding the Airspace control dispute.
The meeting is still ongoing and the outcome shall be highlighted soon.
- Hon Mahmoud Abdi Hashi, Minister of Civil Aviation and Air Transport
- Hon Said Abdi Mohamed, Deputy Minister of Civil Aviation and Air Transport
- Mr. Said Mahdi Ileeye, Director of Civil Aviation in the Ministry of Civil Aviation and Air Transport
- Mr. Ahmed Omer Caga-dable, Minister’s Legal Advisor
Federal Government of Somalia Team
- Hon Ali Ahmed Jama “Gangali”, Federal Government of Somalia Minister of Aviation and Transport
- Mr. abdiwaaxid Omer, Director of Aviation and Transport in the Federal Government of Somalia Ministry of Civil Aviation and Air Transport
- Mr. Mohamed Khaliif , Legal Advisor
- Mr. Ahmed Abdurrahman, official Federal Government of Somalia Ministry of Civil Aviation and Air Transport
UN-ICAO and Turkey
- Mr. Ivan Galan, Director of Technical and Coordination Department
- Ms. Nancy Onyedim , ICAO Technical Cooperation , Turkey
- H. E Olgan Baker, Turkey Ambassador to Somaliland and Somalia
- Mr. Kareem Yilmaz, First Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Turkey
- Mr. Hulusi Kilic, Director of East Africa Desk in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Turkey
- Mr. Ahmed Riza Demirer, Turkey Special Envoy in charge of Somaliland and Somalia Talks
- Mr. Seval Ince, Air Traffic Controller, Turkey