By Goth Mohamed Goth
The Somaliland Community in Djibouti made up Somalilanders living in neighboring Djibouti this week handed Citizen and Business Excellence Awards to government officials, civilians, professionals and those in the business sectors for their contribution in fostering peace, economic growth, and working towards the prosperity of the country.
Mr. Abdinassir Ahmed Ibrahim he chairman of the diaspora based organization speaking at the event on Thursday night said, “The citizen and Business Excellence Awards recognizes and celebrates firms and individual who have distinguished themselves by fostering growth, innovation, community service and excellence in their sectors and our aim today is to encourage those recipients to continue the good work.
“On our part Somaliland community living in Djibouti, we continue to support the country through development projects aimed at improving the living conditions of Somaliland citizens through better access to basic physical, social services and health care”, he stated.
The Minister of Energy and Minerals Hon Hussein Abdi Dualeh who was among the recipients of the Citizen and Business Excellence Award said , “ On behalf of fellow countrymen thanked them for their unwavering support and their contributions which makes plays an important in the achievement of sustainable development objectives in the country.
Those Receiving the citizen and Business Excellence Awards were as Follows:-
- Minister of Energy and Minerals Hon Hussien Abdi Dualeh
- Minister of Interior Hon Mohamed Ali Warancade
- Minister of Fisheries and Mineral Resources Hon Jama Farah Bureed
- The Chancellor of Golis University Prof Said
- The Guardian of Hargeisa Children’s Home and Orphanage Ms. Luul Hassan Matan
- The Chairman of Nurdin Schools Mr. Mahad Ibrahim Mohamed
- Veteran Journalist Mohamed Hassan Ali aka Weji
- Somaliland Youth Group
- Zam Zam Food company