By Goth Mohamed Goth
The recently appointed re-conciliatory committee tasked with ending a month old power struggle between two factions in the main body representing journalists in country, Somaliland Journalist Association (SOLJA).
The re-conciliatory committee stated that the although both sides had contradictory ideologies on how to run the organization, it seemed that the current power struggle was instigated by the naming of two preparatory committees tasked with the preparation of the organization 5th General meeting by the Chairman and Secretary-General.
The independent committee after conferring with both sides issued a seven point ultimatum which stated as follows:-
1. Both sides should cease all hostilities towards each other
2. The outgoing chairman of SOLJA has the sole authority to name the members of the preparatory committee committees tasked with the preparation of the organization 5th General meeting this as stated by the constitution of SOLJA.
3. The executive committee shall have the privilege to vet and approve the names of the members of the preparatory committee.
4. Although consultations between the two groups are allowed, the naming of the members of the preparatory committee and vetting and approval process shall be conducted in separate ways.
5. The members of the executive committee are hereby called on to extend their assistance to members of the preparatory committee in the preparation for the organization 5th General meeting.
6. The 5th General meeting should held in within one month as already the time of holding the meeting is long overdue
7. The process of naming vetting and approving members of the preparatory committee tasked with the preparation for the organization 5th General meeting should be concluded within five days starting today 7/8/2014.
Both the outgoing chairman Mr. Hassan Mohamed Yusuf and Secetary General Mr. Mohamed Rashid Muhamed Farah welcomed the verdict and pledged to respect the committee desicion.