By Goth Mohamed Goth
Several top cabinet ministers, assistant ministers and the Presidential spokesperson have today announced were leaving the current government led by President Ahmed Mohamed Mahmoud Silanyo.
The officials numbering a least half a dozen announced their intentions to quit the government today during a press conference held earlier today but they didn’t reveal the reasons which prompted their decisions especially at a time when the ruling party’s convention is around the corner.
Reliable sources close to the dofficials have stated the reason behind the mass quitting was prompted by favoritism on the part of the President Silanyo towards the current KULMIYE chairman Muse Bihi Abdi for the post of future presidential candidacy against his main contender Mr. Mohamed Bihi Yunis, the outgoing Foreign Minister.
- Hon Mohamed Behi Yonis- Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
- Hon Hersi Haji Ali Hassan, Minister in Charge of Presidential Affairs
- Hon Hussein Ahmed Aided- Minister of Justice
- Dr. Abdi Aw Dahir- minister of Labor and Social Affairs
- Hon Abdulrizaq Khalif Ahmed – Minister of Public Works and Housing
- Hon Nimo Qawdan –Deputy Minister Resettlement and Rehabilitation
- Hon Abdiwahid Abdurrahman – Deputy Minister of Labor and Social Affairs
- Mr. Ahmed Suleiman Duhul- Presidential Spokesperson and
- Mr. Mawlid Waris Abdilahi – Director General Ministry of Industry
President Silanyo in a brief interview with BBC Somali language about the resigning officials he said, “If the quitting officials have decided they can’t be part of the team then fine it’s there choose.
The head of state responding to BBC reporter question on if he had accepted the resignations he had this to say, “I do respect their decision.
Finally the President termed as false the favoritism allegations made by the outgoing Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
listen to the President Silanyo’s response